Care and Usage
How do I clean the Soft Touch® heating pad?
DO NOT DRY CLEAN YOUR PAD! DO NOT USE BLEACH! DO NOT USE A WRINGER! To clean, follow these instructions:
- Unplug from wall outlet.
- Make sure the control is OFF.
- Disconnect the pad connector by holding control connector and pulling straight out from the pad.
- Machine-wash the pad in warm water on gentle cycle; tumble dry on medium heat. Remove from the dryer.
- The pad may also be hand-washed in warm water and line dried.
How do I use my Soft Touch® or Heat Sense™ pad for moist heat?
Dampen one side of the pad with water by patting the surface with a wet sponge or wet cloth. If preferred, use spray bottle to spray a fine mist of water on one side of the pad surface. DO NOT immerse pad in water or place under running water to dampen surface. DO NOT spray water on the pad connector.
How long do the gel packs retain their temperature?
They will remain cool or hot for approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on variables such as air temperature.
To help preserve your heating pad, please follow the guidelines below:
- Avoid using pins or other metallic means to fasten this pad in place.
- Do not sit on or crush pad.
- Avoid sharp folds as damage to the wires could occur.
- Never pull the pad by the power supply cord or use the cord as the handle.
What should I do if the light on my "Auto-Off" heating pad is blinking and the unit is not getting hot?
If you have used the pad for longer than 2 hours, the Auto-Off function has been activated. Reset the pad by unplugging it from the wall for 30 seconds.