How do I clean my Coffee Maker?
- Pour 4 cups of undiluted white household vinegar into the water reservoir.
- Place a paper filter into the filter basket and close.
- Place empty decanter on the warming plate.
- Turn the unit on and brew through only 3 cups of the vinegar and stop the unit by unplugging it or turning it off. Let the remaining vinegar stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pour the vinegar from the decanter back into the coffee maker reservoir and place the empty decanter back on the warming plate.
- Turn the coffee maker back on to let all the vinegar flow through.
- When all the vinegar has flowed through, remove the paper filter and brew plain water until the vinegar odour is gone.
Where can I purchase a Sunbeam® Coffee Maker?
You can purchase a coffee maker at any participating retail outlet or from our website. They are widely distributed through mass merchants and department stores.
How much is in a "cup"?
Most Sunbeam® coffeemakers use a 4.2 oz. per serving measurement for a 12 cup coffee maker. Some models may feature a 5 oz. cup.
What if my coffee does not stay warm?
May be caused by lime buildup. The unit needs to be cleaned. Make sure auto-off is not activated.
What if my Coffee Maker has the Pause N' Serve function and my basket overflows?
Check the Pause N' Serve mechanism under the basket and the trip arm.
What if my Coffee Maker will not heat?
There is a power outage or the Auto SHUT-OFF has been activated. Wait for the power to be restored. Ensure that your home breaker switch to the receptacle is powered. If you have tried these options and your coffee maker still does not heat, contact your nearest authorised Service Centre for service.
What if my coffee tastes bad?
New units need to be cleaned to ensure that there is no plastic taste. The water or type of water being used may affect the taste of the coffee. Old or stale coffee will affect the taste of the coffee.
What if the water does not brew into the carafe?
Caused when the lid is not on correctly or if the lid is damaged. If you have a thermal decanter, make sure the ARROW "Brew/Pour" is pointing toward the spout when brewing.
What if water leaks from the bottom of the Coffee Maker?
If you see leaking from the bottom of unit, check the water reservoir for overfill. Overfilling the reservoir will result in excess water poring out from the overfill hole at the back of the coffee maker and will spill onto the counter or table top. If the water is not coming from the overfill hole at the back of the machine, it is possible the reservoir hose inside the coffeemaker may have become loose. Return your coffee maker to an authorised Service Centre for repairs.
Where can I order parts?
To obtain parts, please use our authorised Service Centre locator to find a Service Centre nearest you.