How long do Sunbeam filters last?
For Sunbeam® Deep Fryers designed replaceable filters, you can expect filters to last for up to 6 months. Replacement filters can be purchased through an authorised Service Centre.
How long is the oil good for after using it the first time?
The cooking oil deteriorates after 5 or 6 fryings. The cooking oil should not be used if in storage for more than 2 weeks.
How long does the deep fryer take to reach desired temperatures?
Some Deep Fryers preheat faster than others. Fryers with non-immersion Element take approximately 25 to 30 Minutes to heat up. Fryers with immersion element will take approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
Why is my food soft and soggy?
The reason that food remains soft after cooking is usually because of one of the following reasons:
- Too much food has been fried at the same time.
- Oil did not reach temperature needed for food being cooked.
- Food was left sitting in the deep fryer after frying.
How do I clean my deep fryer?
To clean deep fryer:
- Prior to washing, wipe oil residue and food debris from cooking pot with paper towels.
- Wipe heater dry (if applicable) with paper towels until it is free from oily residue. Take care not to bend thermostat wires on heater.
- Wash the basket and cooking pot with warm, soapy water. DO NOT immerse the fryer in water under any circumstances. DO NOT use scrubbing brushes, chemical cleaners or any abrasive materials to clean the unit.
- When cleaning the lid, be sure to remove both filters (if applicable).
What types of oil can I use with my deep fryer?
You can use olive oil, vegetable oil or peanut oil. DO NOT USE butter or margarine as they will smoke excessively.
Why isn't my deep fryer reaching temperatures selected or heating?
Deep fryers will not heat or appear to be heating for the following reasons:
- Unit is not plugged into a working outlet.
- Units with detachable plugs are not properly plugged into the back of the unit.
- Unit was not pre-heated for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Units with reset button may need to be reset. If all of the above have been checked and the deep fryer will still not reach proper temperatures after pre-heating for at least 30 minutes, please contact an authorised Service Centre.
What is the maximum and minimum amount of oil to use in the Deep Fryer?
For some deep fryers maximum and minimum amounts of oil they hold may vary. We recommend checking the inner pot of the deep fryer for the minimum and maximum markings. Sunbeam deep fryers hold a minimum: 2.0 Liters or 1.5 Quarts or 6 Cups; and maximum: 2.5 Liters or 2 Quarts or 8 Cups.
How much food can I put in my deep fryer basket?
The basket should not be filled more than 1/2 - 2/3 full (1/4 - 1/2 is best). If you fill the basket any more, it will cause the temperature of the oil to decrease below the optimal frying temperature and result in foods that are not cooked as light or crispy as they should.